Monday, October 29, 2012

What Would I Tell America's Founding Fathers?


Authors Note: This piece is for the Patriot's Pen essay.  I tried to incorporate my voice as much as my research I did.

How much do you love our country?  I am very proud to live in the country we live in today.  The founding fathers are the reason why I love this country so much.  So the question is, "What would I tell America's founding fathers?"  Well,  I would first thank them for all of what they did, then ask a few questions that I'm confused about, I would then finish with why I'm proud to be called an American citizen.

The reason why I am thankful for all of the founding fathers, is because of what they did with the government.  They established the first large scale republic in the modern day.  If it wasn't for them, we would be living in a completely different country.  Another thing I wanted to talk about was some questions I had.  How hard was it with just 10-15 main people to make this country the way it is today?  Why did we have problems with China?  I think he reason I am proud to be an American citizen is because I know I can wake up in the morning, go to school, and come home and stay safe the whole time.  I can also go to bed not having to worry about being taken at night or getting robbed.  So I thank the founding fathers for all that they did to make this country such a beautiful place.

That's what I would tell and ask the founding fathers if I had a chance to.  Now that you know what I would say to the founding fathers, and why I am proud to be living in America, what would you America's founding fathers?  Just remember when you are going to pay for something with a $10 bill, Alexander Hamilton, (one of the many founding fathers) is the face on that $10 bill. 

No comments:

Post a Comment