Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Conflict Resolution

Author: Aaron Atkinson
Author's Note: This is the conflict resolution piece.  When I was writing this I had in mind how Aaron must have been feeling when he was writing this.

The main conflict would be person vs. person because Aaron (the author), is not happy with his life even though he has everything he wants. He has a nice car, beautiful children, great wife, and a huge house, but he is not satisfied with all that.  Aaron doesn't know why he is not happy with his life, but he asks himself everyday, "what good is true love, without true happiness?".  This question made me think because really what good is love, if you're not happy?  Aaron is trying to find a solution to his question, but just can't seem to find it.

There is no solution to this story because Aaron still hasn't found his true happiness in his life.  He feels that something is still missing in his life, which is true happiness.  "Maybe it's the world we live in, but nothing seems good enough anymore," he says.  This made me question if I was really happy with my life.  Is what I have good enough?  Compared to other people it doesn't.  Maybe Aaron will later on in life find his solution, but right now, he doesn't know what is that one thing that is missing.

No comments:

Post a Comment