Sunday, March 3, 2013

Beatings After Beatings


Author's Note:  This is a short scene from the Mom's point of view from the book, "A Child Called it."  Besides the fact that she's a major alcoholic, she's also in a unhappy marriage.  Her husband is too weak to stand up for himself and his kid.  The mom believes in beatings, the father doesn't.

"David, get down here!  Time for your punishment!."  I scream.  David comes down the stairs and is forced to go into the bathroom to puke up his crackers that he stole from the grocery store. After he pukes it up, I make him eat it.  I got a phone call from the police saying that he stole crackers from the local grocery store.  I was so ticked off and I didn't know any other way to punish him.  The next day, I get a phone call from David's school.  The principal says that he stole some kids lunch.  I mean, REALLY?!  I know I don't feed him at home, but that does not give him the right to go and steal.   He has been so out of hand lately and all I want to do is beat him!  I know people may say that I act this way because I drink, but it's not my fault that this kid steals and chooses to do stupid things for food.  He also goes through our garbage can to find food.  He's almost in second grade, does he really need to eat every day?  

David is the reason that my husband and I are in a unhappy marriage.  He is always like, "I'm hungry," or "I don't want to eat his diaper."  This one time I was changing David's little brothers diaper, and I tried to make him eat it, but he refused.  Since he didn't do what I said, I beat him.  I don't when he's going to learn to respect me.  Maybe he'll learn to start doing what I say, then his beatings will stop.    

No comments:

Post a Comment