Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Being Overly Nice Isn't Always Nice

I thought that they way the Mom talked to the little boy was very rude and stereotypical.  She was trying to prove that all colored people are poor, big, and know how to sew.  Boyd proved her wrong.  I sometimes feel this way when I'm with one of my friends.  She tries to finish my sentences and it really bothers me.  In Pewaukee, we have vast cultural schools.  We have many different races here so we don't care what you look like or how you dress.  I mean sure there's a few people that will judge you, but that's only because they feel like they are better than everyone else.  Shirley Jackson was trying to teach us that not all people are the same and don't judge a book by it's cover.  Also that if you are a certain color, you should act a certain way.  Which isn't true. 

No comments:

Post a Comment